Re: Cyber Monday

Chilly8 wrote:

That is why people like me run public anonymity proxues, so that
people can bypass the company filtering proxy. And it is just a
matter of changing a few proxy settings to get the proxy to
work.

Please lookup the keyword "transparent proxy" in your tech manual. Please read and understand.

Oh, and by the way, maybe you should lookup a typical company's IT usage agreement. Something about "not circumventing technical installations" and "you'll get fired it"...

And I did see a lot of hits today on my proxy as people logged
in to shopping services, from work, through my proxy, so that
they could do their online shopping and the boss will NEVER
know what they were up to. The boss would know that somoene
went to my proxy, but where they went beyond that, there is no
POSSIBLE way they coiuld find out.

And now, after you looked up "transparent proxy", you should also lookup "man-in-the-middle" and "root certificate installation".

  • Re: Dave Anthony is Cheeky Bastard is Sunshine&Lollipops
    ... looks like an open proxy relay. ... disable connect and just use standard HTTP request proxying can still be ... >> Heya, Carol, ... >> I oughta switch which lookup I use...yers has more lookup in it. ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: OT: Ramashiva Portfolio Update
    ... look at the message header of my post, then use a reverse IP lookup ... program to determine my geopgraphical location. ... he is not using a proxy. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Cyber Monday
    ... employee surfing habits. ... people can bypass the company filtering proxy. ... they could do their online shopping and the boss will NEVER ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ohio Presidential Debate
    ... It's very easy to spot the connection, ... woman who surfs through my proxy, from her work, and ... her boss has no clue as to what she is up to. ... Oh, you're a lady's man too, a lover and a womanizer on the Internet -- ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ohio Presidential Debate
    ... will know what these workers are up to, ... woman who surfs through my proxy, from her work, and ... her boss has no clue as to what she is up to. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)