Re: Cyber Monday

"slackerama" <slackerama@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:474B7B24.8000905@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL, well you'll soon realize that monitoring software or not,
companies have neither the time or the resources to devote to watching
employee surfing habits. They put up a proxy to block inappropriate
sites (easily bypassed if you know what you're doing) and leave it at
that...

That is why people like me run public anonymity proxues, so that
people can bypass the company filtering proxy. And it is just a
matter of changing a few proxy settings to get the proxy to
work.

And I did see a lot of hits today on my proxy as people logged
in to shopping services, from work, through my proxy, so that
they could do their online shopping and the boss will NEVER
know what they were up to. The boss would know that somoene
went to my proxy, but where they went beyond that, there is no
POSSIBLE way they coiuld find out.

  • Re: Ohio Presidential Debate
    ... It's very easy to spot the connection, ... woman who surfs through my proxy, from her work, and ... her boss has no clue as to what she is up to. ... Oh, you're a lady's man too, a lover and a womanizer on the Internet -- ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ohio Presidential Debate
    ... will know what these workers are up to, ... woman who surfs through my proxy, from her work, and ... her boss has no clue as to what she is up to. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Cyber Monday
    ... The boss would knwo that a person connected to my ... that its a Tor entry proxy, it provides a good level of anonymity. ... and change their listening preferences to launch the station via ... Winamp, change the proxy settings in Winamp to use my proxy, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • [SLE] Network installation and proxy authentication
    ... I'm trying to install suse via network but mt boss is behind a proxy that need ... authentication. ...
    (SuSE)