Re: Cyber Monday

Chilly8 wrote:

For proxy site operators, like me, Cyber Monday is a busy
time for us, as we have to monitor the load, and re-boot
our machines, if the software should break under the load.
With a lot of employers blocking shopping sites, public
proxies, like mine, become INVALUABLE to the various
online retailers, as workers can bypass the filtering system,
using our proxies, and access the various shopping sites
and get their online Christmas shopping done. I am sure
a lot of the various online retailers LOVE what we do,
becuase we actually help increase their sales. Because of
us, they get more visits, and, in turn, more money.

I wonder how many people each year get fired for shopping while at work?

  • Re: Cyber Monday
    ... time for us, as we have to monitor the load, and re-boot ... if the software should break under the load. ... With a lot of employers blocking shopping sites, ... online retailers, as workers can bypass the filtering system, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Cyber Monday
    ... and given the traffic through my proxy to ... On Tuesday, I had a peak load of 368 at 9:03 AM US Eatern time, ... With a lot of employers blocking shopping sites, ... online retailers, as workers can bypass the filtering system, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)