Re: Firewall Selection Advice

In article <1194277996.135676.233620@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
sirus.cosmo@xxxxxxxxx says...
On Nov 4, 12:04 am, "LTKave...@xxxxxxxxx" <LTKave...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good day. I'm starting a network consisting of 50 PCs through a
satellite connection. I need a dedicated firewall which will be able
to accomplish the following:

-MAC Filtering for hardlined machines (the wireless router can handle
MAC filtering for wireless)
-Badwidth limits per MAC address for a specific time period
-Logs of all traffic
-Log specifically for bandwidth
-Blocking of some P2P processes, but not all (don't allow gaming but
do allow skype, etc)
-DHCP
-Normal DoS protection, etc
-VPN is not important to us

Any advice? I'm finding tons of equipment out there, but I'm hoping to
spend less than $200. I've seen ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 Plus, which looks good,
but I'm not 100% convinced.

Thanks for your help.

Less than $200 per seat or less than $200 TOTAL for the entire
firewall solution??

If it's less than $200 then it's not a firewall.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"