Re: I am not the only one......

<chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1193324791.955283.102290@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am only the only one out there that advocates listening to radio,
either online or over the air, in defiance of the boss. I was driving

There are many people in this world who advocate breaking the law or violating company policy. That does not excuse the act itself, or advocating the act.
If you violate company policy, you deserve to be fired. If you steal from the till, that is still stelaing even if somebody advocates it, and even if you can not be detected. If you waste your time when you should be working, that is stealing, in a different form. If you prepare for job #2 on hours you are paid for job #1, that is stealing.

8<----------------------

IN short, there are others out there that advocate listening from work
in defiance of the boss. I am not the first, and will likely not be
the last.

There will always be dishonest people in the world. None of them would last a week working for me. I don't need policies and filtering to make dishonest people less dishonest. I simple know what my employees are doing hour to hour, and I know how much work to expect of them in a shift. If they exceed expectations, they can have time to play.( I prefer they go home early to be with their families rather than do something at work which they won't/can't do at home) If they play first and don't produce, I would know very quickly and they would be gone.

On the matter of firing for cause, minor violations require 2 warnings, and firing on the 3rd offence. Major items allow for instant dismissal.

Doesn't matter if you can do it undetected, it is still wrong.

Stuart

  • Re: Where was the controversial commerical?
    ... You don't reckon this term is just a teensy bit dishonest, ... As long as people continue to get away with labeling pro-life ... advocates as anti-abortion, it isn't dishonest in the least bit. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)