Re: ashampoo / pctools

In article <mn.ea037d7948a0418d.50191@danielena>,
danielna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
Il 28/09/2007, su comp.security.firewalls "Re: ashampoo / pctools",
Sebastian G. ha detto :
At any rate, why is your From: mail address invalid?

".invalid" is only to avoid a little of spam.

I have two accounts that I post with, have to 20+ years on Usenet, while
I almost always post using a nym and munged email address because of the
spam concern, my other identity uses a full email address. In all that
time I've never seen spam from using that email address in Usenet. Don't
get me wrong, and I'm not about to stop using a munged address, but I
don't see where Usenet is being farmed for email addresses as a norm.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  • Re: Yap sometimes hangs making fonts
    ... list, allowing it to be read, posted to, and archived as a Usenet ... and dodge the spam, as well as isolate their activities there from ... right to prefer a mailing list over a newsgroup. ... various mailing lists into groups that are basically indistinguishable ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: increase in spam and what to do about it
    ... One-to-one agreements aren't scalable with the modern internet unless you ... Usenet News is not a one-to-one agreement between your organisation ... I saw no spam messages on Usenet ... the new email network. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: increase in spam and what to do about it
    ... One-to-one agreements aren't scalable with the modern internet unless you ... paid to wade through the garbage (a kind of wetware spam filter :-). ... Usenet News is not a one-to-one agreement between your organisation ... Just use SMTP but set your mail system up so that it just accepts mail from the ...
    (comp.os.vms)