Re: Why block web hit counters?

Jens Hoffmann wrote:

ALL it does is
record the user's IP, and the time and date of access, and then send
that to StatCounter's computers.

Without explicit consens of the (end-) user this is illegal.

German/European privacy laws don't apply to the entire world... anyway, how should some statistical information related to a website, at best machine-identifying but never personally identifying information be considered a privacy problem in a lawful context?

I am using the PAID version of the service, and
expect to get what I paid for.

So complain where our money vanishes, not where admins protect their
users from nosey "webadministrators".

Where does our money vanish? Only his does. :-)
.