Re: Why block web hit counters?

In message <1189741654.963320.195110@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Using a service like StatCounter is NOT unethical. ALL it does is
record the user's IP, and the time and date of access, and then send
that to StatCounter's computers. The big difference is that I get a
complete geolocation analysis on every visit that IS logged there. It
also get information on what operating system was used, and what web
browser the visitor was using. It is NOT unethical for StatCounter for
gather that information and store it on their servers for webmasters
to retrieve later on. I am using the PAID version of the service, and
expect to get what I paid for.

Sure. How does that benefit me?

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.

  • Re: Why block web hit counters?
    ... that to StatCounter's computers. ... gather that information and store it on their servers for webmasters ... > I am using the PAID version of the service, and expect to get what I paid ... So you can expect something from SiteCounter, but not anything from the users (providing their information to StatCounter). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Novice - Yeah i got my own forth interpreter
    ... Microsoft do hardware as well and have done that for ... Commercial software which has to be paid for and may or may not have ... Commercial software with new computers. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Golf Apps
    ... I would only hear from him if I thought he was a good pro and I hired ... So expertise in a field is only valuable if you paid for it? ... The part of computers ... observing my clients as they use the computer and what I see is that ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Still no kmod for new nvidia
    ... Also the ones that are paid to develop graphics drivers have 3D support ... that users bought computers which Linux supported ... The part about "paid extra". ... paid more for Linux support. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Interesting post on gas prices and bikes
    ... prefered price point, and US$800 is even further off..... ... I used to have a good job that paid well in computers, then after Y2K and dot.com turned into dot bomb, we had a lot of young men who came here from China and the former Soviet Union, they took government paid courses, then beat the salaries into the crapper. ... Wanna try paying rent, and all your other living expenses on $8/hour, it ain't going to happen, especially when the rent ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)