Re: Why block web hit counters?

In message <1189741654.963320.195110@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Using a service like StatCounter is NOT unethical. ALL it does is
record the user's IP, and the time and date of access, and then send
that to StatCounter's computers. The big difference is that I get a
complete geolocation analysis on every visit that IS logged there. It
also get information on what operating system was used, and what web
browser the visitor was using. It is NOT unethical for StatCounter for
gather that information and store it on their servers for webmasters
to retrieve later on. I am using the PAID version of the service, and
expect to get what I paid for.

Sure. How does that benefit me?

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
.