Re: Usenet allowed from work?

"Chlly8" <Chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:f7utqe$kpp$1@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Leythos" <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MPG.210c44bde02460999897fe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <f7tsvh$mkr$1@xxxxxxxx>, Chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

And no, they can't evade, as any connection to a computer by a data
device will show in the event logs.

How do you turn on and use an event log? My server runs
Windows (becuase Live 365 only supports Windoze),
and I think someone from China is trying to break in through
Remote Desktop, or at least the firewall logs indicate so.
Of course, I have had the Religious Right trying to get me
for years, it is possible they could have attempted to
break in through an unsecured computer in China. Ever
since I broadcast some less-than-flattering commnetary
about one proponent of the now defunct CDA, nearly
12 years ago, they have been trying to get me, because
I regularly slam their agenda, on my online radio talk
show, and have been doing so for over 12 years now.

I logged on to the server and the firewall logs showed
connection attempts from an address from Heilongjiang
province in China to port 3389, which Remote Desktop
uses. I have RD turned on so I can access my server
from anywhere in the world. There is no other way,
that I know of, to remotely access Windows machines,
other than Micorsoft's Remote Desktop facility.

  • [NT] Vulnerability in Remote Desktop Protocol Allows DoS (MS05-041)
    ... A denial of service vulnerability exists that could allow an attacker to ... * Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service ... * Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service ... Mitigating Factors for Remote Desktop Protocol Vulnerability - ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Remote Printing with RWW Help Req.
    ... through remote desktop from a laptop located in a Windows 2003 LAN, ... Firstly please go to RWW page and Connect to Server or Client Desktops, ... The local printer's driver is not for Windows Server 2003, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot connect to remote server
    ... That IP address does not resolve to any server that I ... However, if I put it into Remote Desktop, it does try to connect ... When to try to establish the remote desktop session, ... I have a feeling that you were using RDP 5.1 with Windows XP SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help - Stalled Swing Migration
    ... I have cleared out the event logs and rebooted. ... Source: Windows Sharepoint Services ... Source: DHCP server ... configuration settings you have specified when running the CEICW. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Screen goes black
    ... Based on my knowledge, Windows XP contains ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... | this using a local 2K3 server with its builtin Remote Desktop too). ...