Re: Netgear portscanning me?

Chuck wrote:

The OP was talking about a SOHO network with a single switch/router. One segment only. In such an environment double firewalling is essential if there is the possibility of an infected PC being added to the network.

Now speak after me: - D M Z
- host pro tec tion

If these servers had been properly firewalled they would not have been affected.

If these servers had been properly patched they would not have been affected.

Anyway, we'll try it again: - D M Z
- host pro tec tion
- I P sec

  • RE: secure sharepoint 2010 design
    ... My DC's are segmented from my workstations. ... As security admins, that's what we're hired to do. ... The boss pays me to keep the network safe and running. ... While there is a security benefit in firewalling ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: blocking Kazaa and other P2P
    ... There's really only one or two things you can do from a firewalling ... First, if it's even an option, restrict network access to ... if you need to be able to access another company network on ... apps also contain commercial spyware. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Real-Time traffic monitor?
    ... I've got a fairly heavy-duty machine doing firewalling for my network, ... If you dont need absolute realtime then just ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: How Do I ?
    ... windows network, I discovered that XP at least had it ... set that up and disabled windows firewalling entirely. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: secure sharepoint 2010 design
    ... Paul Johnston wrote: ... domain controllers) currently sit on the same network as all your ... While there is a security benefit in firewalling ... Why aim low? ...
    (Security-Basics)