Re: using nmap to scan firewall

Thanks Old Guy, I'm talking about using nmap to scan from the outside. I'll try the parameters you've suggested. My firewall has it's external interface into a 4 port router so I can plug into it and run scans from there. The firewall is in the 'dmz' of this router and the inside port plugs into another linksys wireless router running DD-WRT.

Since I've last wrote this message I've installed Thunderbird/Firefox and removed the IE shortcuts (From vista) and posted my reply from the TB-client so hopefully you won't quote my 'exploitable' headers in this reply, however I'm probably doing something else wrong so please let me know. Wish I could find how to uninstall IE from Vista... Although I could should just post this from an ubuntu VM that I have running on this machine.

Thanks again for your help.

Moe Trin wrote:
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.firewalls, in article