Re: Port 1028 in Win XP Pro - do I need an external router?

On Aug 31, 1:20 pm, "@lf" <a...@xxxxxx> wrote:

Recheck using some other firewall test.

For example, you can usehttp://nmap-online.com/

To check port 1028, select custom scan, and for your IP from this header
command should look something like this

-sS -sU -P0 -p 1028 66.102.80.103

Do I need to get a hardware firewall (router)?

Router is a good idea.

Thanks! I went there and got this:

Scan Result

Nmap Options: -sS -sU -P0 -p 1028 66.102.80.103

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap ) at 2007-08-31
19:16 Central Europe Daylight Time
Interesting ports on cbl-66-102-80-103.wtccommunications.ca
(66.102.80.103):
PORT STATE SERVICE
1028/tcp open unknown
1028/udp open|filtered ms-lsa

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.922 seconds

So apparently it really is open.

I haven't made an exception for any ports in my Win XP firewall
settings: only for the internet apps that I use regularly.

If I get a router, will my port 1028 then show as closed?

Thank you!

Mary

  • Re: RWW Issue From the Internet (Port 4125)
    ... At a command prompt, if the following does not return a result, it should ... Port 4125 has to be open in your routers, ... then try to RWW into the SBS server. ... This will take the router ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW Issue From the Internet (Port 4125)
    ... At a command prompt, if the following does not return a result, it should ... Port 4125 has to be open in your routers, ... then try to RWW into the SBS server. ... This will take the router ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cost of setting up a network
    ... A router capable of acting as a VPN endpoint for more than one user simultaneously with four Ethernet ports or a switch to suit. ... The rationale for using a server here is basically that the router doesn't need to be able to decide which PC to route the connection to. ... If you are using a router which supports it, you can set up a port-forwarding inbound rule which also _translates_ the port supplied to the receiving port. ... You can use several of these connections to different machines simultaneously. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: How to unset up the firewall... :-)
    ... Your wish is my command... ... Fedora is behind the router. ... the internet 13.13.13.13 and the destination 192.168.1.1 as port forwarding ...
    (Fedora)