Re: Port 1028 in Win XP Pro - do I need an external router?

Mary Sunshine wrote:
I am running a single computer, Compaq Presario R4025CA, with a
broadband (cable) connection under Win XP Pro. I just use the XP
firewall.
When I go to grc.com and use their ShieldsUp, they tell me that my
port 1028 is wide open. I am concerned about intrusions. I can't find
any way to close this port under Win XP. Is there one?

Recheck using some other firewall test.

For example, you can use http://nmap-online.com/

To check port 1028, select custom scan, and for your IP from this header command should look something like this

-sS -sU -P0 -p 1028 66.102.80.103

Do I need to get a hardware firewall (router)?

Router is a good idea.
.