Re: How to completely uninstall NIS 2002

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:06:50 +0200, "Sebastian G." <seppi@xxxxxxxxx>
brought the following to our attention:

gabbey.maps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Have been reading about the uninstall routine downloadable from
Symantec, but what about an older version like 2002? I'd like that
whole mess removed down to the last registry entry.

Please reply with hyperlink to procedure.. or specific instructions.

Search for the NIS removal tool on <http://www.symantec.com>...

Thanks.. found a NFP and NAV utility for v2002 and ran them. Routines
left .log files on desktop.. and apparently few if any traces of Norton
were found or removed. Guess the normal uninstalls worked ok.. and the
Reg cleaners too!!

-G

  • Re: MS .... this is a joke, right?
    ... I have no problem understanding a recommendationn for an out of date ... product brought to my attention via an up-to-date SP install ... ... Symantec or you are stupid ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: MS .... this is a joke, right?
    ... I have no problem understanding a recommendationn for an out of date ... product brought to my attention via an up-to-date SP install ... ... Symantec or you are stupid ... ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: How to completely uninstall NIS 2002
    ... Symantec, but what about an older version like 2002? ... whole mess removed down to the last registry entry. ... hyperlink to procedure.. ... --Mark Russinovich ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How to completely uninstall NIS 2002
    ... Symantec, but what about an older version like 2002? ... I'd like that whole mess removed down to the last registry entry. ... or specific instructions. ... Search for the NIS removal tool on... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)