Re: Windows Firewall

"Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers" <usenet-2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:f9pvkuUmlnL6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike Brayshaw <mikebrayshaw1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have found it within "Administrative Tools". Under the General tab I
select "Windows Firewall\Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)". Startup
type is shown as Automatic. Clicking <Start> produces "Could not start
"Windows Firewall\Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local
Computer" and "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to
start". (This shows Path to executable as
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs). Under the Dependencies
tab nothing shows but I get a message "WBEM error features not
available. Upgrade WMI to a newer build". I hope I'm not missing
something vital along the way!

Which SP is installed? Did you install all the latest hotfixes?

cu
59cobalt
--

SP2 (build 2600) and yes, all hotfixes are up to date.

.