Re: Windows Firewall

"Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers" <usenet-2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:f9pvkuUmlnL6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike Brayshaw <mikebrayshaw1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have found it within "Administrative Tools". Under the General tab I
select "Windows Firewall\Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)". Startup
type is shown as Automatic. Clicking <Start> produces "Could not start
"Windows Firewall\Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service on Local
Computer" and "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to
start". (This shows Path to executable as
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs). Under the Dependencies
tab nothing shows but I get a message "WBEM error features not
available. Upgrade WMI to a newer build". I hope I'm not missing
something vital along the way!

Which SP is installed? Did you install all the latest hotfixes?

cu
59cobalt
--

SP2 (build 2600) and yes, all hotfixes are up to date.

  • Re: 0x8007041D W2K Server Try All
    ... > When recently trying to update a Windows 2000 server with SP4 using windows ... > "Register or reinstall the files for me now " ... > Download and install the latest updating software ... The dependency service or group failed to start ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Firewall
    ... "Windows Firewall\Internet Connection Sharing service on Local ... The dependency service or group failed to ... Did you install all the latest hotfixes? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)