Re: Netscreen 100 + Zyxel Zywall 10

Jens Hoffmann wrote:

Or am I mistaking how things work with the
Netscreen, and it in itself has to be connected directly to the wall and
neogatiate the connection itself?

No, but I do not understand the addressing in our network.

The netscreen can run in different modes: a) as a router (with or
without NAT) or as bridge.

Now, taking a look at your setup and the ip addressess:

--------- ---------
--a-| DG632 |-b--c-| ns100 |-d-- LAN
--------- ---------

So, what do you want to do here?

Cheers,
Jens

Basically the setup that is there, is what I want. It gets rather
complicated after that, as currently I have a PC acting as a server and
router between three other networks.

-f--g- 192.168.1.0 (GigE network)
/
---------- /
-d--e-| server |-----h--i- 192.168.2.0 (wireless)
---------- \
\
-j--k- 192.168.192.0 (main wired network)

Network on the internal network side to the server (currently) is 10.1.1.0

Vinnie

  • RE: Securing a Local Network
    ... Show the Management of your company the insecurity of the Peer to Peer ... setup and discuss what risks are they willing to accept. ... -Cost of getting the web server and the mail server internally versus having ... -Use an older box for Intrusion Detection on the internal network as well. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • ksoftirqd causing severe network performance problems
    ... failover setup), with a new one. ... At the end of last week, the new setup had network problems and what we saw on ... the linux router was that the kernel threads ksoftirqd_CPU1 and ksoftirqd_CPU0 ... When the backup is working fine, we can't use the faulty server anymore ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RDP to internal client machine?
    ... Have the router successfully setup to allow VPN to the server, ... to then RDP to other computers within the network, ... machines within the network I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • ksoftirqd causing severe network performance problems
    ... failover setup), with a new one. ... At the end of last week, the new setup had network problems and what we ... When the backup is working fine, we can't use the faulty server ... switching drivers and switching between kernel versions (2.4.21/2.4.22/ ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Best way to connect via wireless in new SBS install?
    ... I have just setup someline very similar for a client of mine. ... and setup DHCP on the server. ... this means that all local internal network traffic ... I've seen so many posts suggesting using SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)