Re: Netscreen 100 + Zyxel Zywall 10

Or am I mistaking how things work with the
Netscreen, and it in itself has to be connected directly to the wall and
neogatiate the connection itself?

No, but I do not understand the addressing in our network.

The netscreen can run in different modes: a) as a router (with or
without NAT) or as bridge.

Now, taking a look at your setup and the ip addressess:

--------- ---------
--a-| DG632 |-b--c-| ns100 |-d-- LAN
--------- ---------

So, what do you want to do here?

Cheers,
Jens

  • Re: FC2 and manual ip address setup
    ... > I have configured a linux box running FC2 to use static addressing. ... > The machine was originally installed with FC2 to use dhcp and later I ... The system seems to have normal network access but I ... IMHO DHCP is very useful for equipment like laptops which are moved from ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: F10, NetworkManager, and intermittent dns
    ... Got F10 up and running, did an update and then converted to static IP ... This is on a wired network. ... and then go back to dynamic addressing. ... Then let the screensaver kick in, resume, and look at the resolv.conf file again. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: IBM i via VIOS problem with TCP
    ... addressing is for the i5 partition you should be able to get a console ... The IVM has 192.168.1.1 ... I know how to start the IBM i partition and reset the Operations ... VIOS is not passing packets from other partitions to the network ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: XP Network config to allow Printer access but block Internet.
    ... This technique will also block JR from having e-mail access, ... all, e-mail works through IP addressing, and if JR's computer cannot find ... the router, thanks to lack of knowledge of default gateway, then e-mail ... network access. ...
  • Re: What Is IP Routing? And how do I get my own external IP?
    ... addressing is a subject within itself. ... Master Jedi wrote: ... website hosted on my computer instead of the IP of which my network is. ... Steve Winograd, MS-MVP ...