BIG PROBLEM - with firewalls sudden reboot

I have an adsl modem/router (usRobotics 9112)

When surfing the web, very often it happens Windows instantly reboots

- it happens on the very same sites,
- it happens every 4-5 sites, expecially "heavy" sites
with javascript, flash, activex...
- the sites I visit are secure, because they are istitutional,
magazines sites...).
- I have no javascript, flash, activex, animation, audio.... activated,
nothing at all.

- If I go with an old 56 kb analogic modem all is ok

----------------

I am with Windows98se

I notice that if I disabled my software firewall Norton 2002
there is no problem.

So I was sure it was a Norton 2002 firewall problem,
and tried six (=6) other firewalls
(OutPost, panda, zoneAlarm, atguard....)
but always had the problem,
so I don't think it is a software firewall problem.

---------------

What to do?

I phoned Robotics and they said it is not a modem problem.

  • Re: BIG PROBLEM - with firewalls sudden reboot
    ... very often it happens Windows instantly reboots ... I notice that if I disabled my software firewall Norton 2002 ... Is your DSL plugged into a Ethernet adapter? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: BIG PROBLEM - with firewalls sudden reboot
    ... very often it happens Windows instantly reboots ... I notice that if I disabled my software firewall Norton 2002 ... Is your DSL plugged into a Ethernet adapter? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: BIG PROBLEM - with firewalls sudden reboot
    ... very often it happens Windows instantly reboots ... I notice that if I disabled my software firewall Norton 2002 ... Is your DSL plugged into a Ethernet adapter? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: BIG PROBLEM - with firewalls sudden reboot
    ... If I go with an old 56 kb analogic modem all is ok ... Windows 9x is out of support. ... so I don't think it is a software firewall problem. ... maybe it is about Windows98se settings (I don't think Windows is buggy ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • OT (a bit) - Recommendations for software firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware
    ... I'm currently using ZoneAlarm Security Suite for anti-virus, anti-spyware and a software firewall. ... As far as AV software, the 26 Mar 2009 edition of the Windows Secrets newsletter had good things to say about Comodo AV, PC Tools AV and AVG AV, all of which have free versions. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)