Re: Usenet allowed from work?

In article <f87cdg$t0p$1@xxxxxxxx>, chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

"Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns997864F0EC979juergennieveler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Chilly8" <chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I don't see listening to web radio as stealing anything from the
company.
Listening to web radio is NOT stealing, contrary to popular opinion..

You use bandwidth and electricity. That IS stealing - in some countries
there's even a special law about that.

Not is is NOT stealing (unless you illegally crack someone's password
to do it). As long as you do not use an illegally obtained password, it
cannot be considered stealing. It is NOT illegal to listen to web radio
from where, ANYWHERE, unless you break someone's password
to do it.

Wrong, using company resources for non-company reasons, and even the
time you get paid for while doing it, can be stealing in some cases.

It's illegal to violate company security policy in many states/countries
and does get people fired.

It's unethical to violate company policy in every country and company.

It's unethical to use company resources for personal reasons in every
country and company.

It's unethical to help people subvert company security and company
policy in every country and company.

In many countries and/or states, a person can be fired without reason,
and violation of company policy is the #1 reason people get fired.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  • Re: Usenet allowed from work?
    ... Listening to web radio is NOT stealing, ... It's unethical to violate company policy in every country and company. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Valid Product Keys for Windows XP SP2 Professional Volume License Edition
    ... You think they are both stealing and this is where we disagree. ... You can rationalize all you want, but if you do that in this case, you break the End User License Agreement, regardless of whether or not it is legally binding in your country. ... I commend you for not stealing when you were poor. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Valid Product Keys for Windows XP SP2 Professional Volume License Edition
    ... I don't advocate stealing one dime from anyone. ... binding in your country. ... It is an agreement between the seller and the END ... I commend you for not stealing when you were poor. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Valid Product Keys for Windows XP SP2 Professional Volume License Edition
    ... He was 16 and worked in the rail yards and coal mines for years, rather than just claim being poor as an excuse to steal. ... I asked him if he and his stealing buddies spent every single penny they got from those stolen radios on food. ... Raping a woman in certain countries is not punishable by law, but do you consider it OK to do so if it happens within the borders of that country? ... Using your "high moral" logic, blacks would still be slaves, no one could drink alcohol, the USA would still be a colony of England and Texas could still give you life for one joint. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Valid Product Keys for Windows XP SP2 Professional Volume License Edition
    ... but being poor does NOT equate to having lower moral values. ... had been in jail for stealing radios out of cars, and he told me that I just ... To get back to your recently upgraded country, ... Texas could still give you life for one joint. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)