Re: Usenet allowed from work?

"Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns997864F0EC979juergennieveler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Chilly8" <chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I don't see listening to web radio as stealing anything from the
company.
Listening to web radio is NOT stealing, contrary to popular opinion..

You use bandwidth and electricity. That IS stealing - in some countries
there's even a special law about that.

Not is is NOT stealing (unless you illegally crack someone's password
to do it). As long as you do not use an illegally obtained password, it
cannot be considered stealing. It is NOT illegal to listen to web radio
from where, ANYWHERE, unless you break someone's password
to do it.

  • Re: Usenet allowed from work?
    ... Listening to web radio is NOT stealing, ... That IS stealing - in some countries ... on in violation of company policy. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OT: Converting ITunes 6.x to Mp3 format?
    ... you can't help themselves when they aren't hindered from stealing... ... only chattel could be stolen. ... Now you can "steal" just by listening to music on a non-approved device. ... The word "steal" has an emotional content which makes it a powerful word to misuse, but it is not an appropriate word for copying MP3s. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: Usenet allowed from work?
    ... take a pay cut for 6 months and keep his job or he could quit today... ... I don't see listening to web radio as stealing anything from the ... Listening to web radio is NOT stealing, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OT: Ipod question for the techies........
    ... >>> Also, about every three months or so, I wipe my entire MP3 music ... >>> collection clean. ... So I am not stealing music, I am merely listening to ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Usenet allowed from work?
    ... Listening to web radio is NOT stealing, ... time that wasn't worked is actually stealing in many countries, ... use the raw IP number to connect to a station. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)