Re: Usenet allowed from work?

In message <MPG.210fa282cee3fcb49897f5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Leythos
<void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Blocking internet radio, if you already have a firewall, is simple and
almost always worth the cost to implement - the savings in productivity
is something you can measure.

Productivity? That depends on your typical employee. For my part, I am
generally more productive when listening to music -- My job is a flat
salary to complete 100% of the work that arrives. I do not have any
hour requirements, some days I work 3 hours, others I work 16.

My company has no specific interest in how long it takes me, just that
the job gets done.

Not everyone can handle the distraction, but speaking for myself, I
*need* the distraction for the few moments when I am waiting for the
system, otherwise I get distracted and do something else which doesn't
yield as easily as music.

--
If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?

  • Re: Usenet allowed from work?
    ... almost always worth the cost to implement - the savings in productivity ... Not everyone can handle the distraction, but speaking for myself, I ... filtering internet access is the largest increase typical. ... If quitters never win, and winners never quit, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Usenet allowed from work?
    ... almost always worth the cost to implement - the savings in productivity ... Not everyone can handle the distraction, but speaking for myself, I ... filtering internet access is the largest increase typical. ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Allen Bauers blog about developer productivity
    ... Hannes Danzlwrote: ... years in an open office space. ... Regarding productivity I can only say that even ... though there's more distraction the productivity for me (and the others ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)