Re: Usenet allowed from work?

"Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns9972E57D7FFBFjuergennieveler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Chlly8" <Chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The 16K feed I run could hardly be considered to be
abusing company resources, and not that much of an
impact on the company network.

10 people listening to it turn it into 160k of stream. 100 people
listening to it would be 1600k.

A lot of companies have a 2Mbit line to the Internet, or even less...
you see the problem?

They they should upgrade their connections to a and get more
bandwdith. In many countries there is DSL to 6 megabuts, and
there will be 15 megs (or more) when all the phone companies
in America begin using FIOS.

If the the boss wants to be a tightwad and only purchase a 2 meg
connection to the net, thats his problem, when higher bandwidth
connections, from both DSL and cable, are available, at resonable
prices. The solution to bandwidth problems is to simply purchase
more bandwidth.

  • Re: Need help with bandwidth management . . .
    ... The bandwidth managements is much better in v24 than in v23: ... QoS lan port settings, and I cannot get anything consistent. ... it common practice on their home connections. ... first one in my opinion is bandwidth management. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Need help with bandwidth management . . .
    ... also be a good time to separate the wired from the wireless parts of ... wired connections. ... QoS lan port settings, and I cannot get anything consistent. ... switch ports and limit the bandwidth per port (the settings are ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: !EventConnect Problem
    ... the June roll-up is available somewhere, although there's not been the usual ... The socket is not in a listening state. ... The incoming connection queue has no room for connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: !EventConnect Problem
    ... the June roll-up is available somewhere, ... The socket is not in a listening state. ... The incoming connection queue has no room for connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: !EventConnect Problem
    ... You'll probably want to know whether the socket ... server we are using is multi-threaded, however this only seens to have ... The socket is not in a listening state. ... The incoming connection queue has no room for connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)