Echo and Echo-Reply Port Numbers?

I cannot for the life of me determine what port numbers refer to echo
and echo-reply.

I know they are related for ICMP and I believe one of them is 7, but
what is the other?

I am using a pix asa5520.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  • Re: ssh on ping port?
    ... REQUEST and receives ICMP ECHO REPLY. ... Please do not confuse an icmp packet with a tcp and/or udp packet. ... The icmp protocol do NOT use the notation of ports, instead the icmp protocol is divided into different types where echo request is type 8 and echo reply is type 0. ... Both will use port 7 if that is what /etc/services says to use. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: ssh on ping port?
    ... Ping absolutely *does* use a port. ... Ping is a program which sends ICMP ECHO ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: ipfw-ntad-jail
    ... > Ok, so I setup IPFW and NATd on my freeBSD 4.5-RELEASE box, ... > host (dagobah) ... > allow ftp (port 21) ... > add 00600 allow icmp from any to any icmptypes 3 ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Trouble accessing Outlook Web Access from behind firewall
    ... # Set the maximum number of connections to track. ... # by default due to possible internal machine UDP port scanning ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Survive without ICMP?
    ... ICMP resides above IP protocol, ... it receives a UDP or TCP packet on port 0 would be packets ... ICMP Type 3 Code 3 (Port unreachable). ... when it receives a TCP packet to a forbidden port which may ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)