Re: Is there a risk with firewalls?

In article <48Tdi.3607$lY5.851@trnddc07>, NoSpam@xxxxxxxxxxx says...
Dear Group,

I am asking a question regarding the time interval after startup of a PC and
the
time the firewall becomes effective.

The details are briefly as follows:

On my PC the startup contains the following sequence: first the DSL connect
is
started up, followed by my firewall. There is a gap in time between the two,
which
is being used to deposit a Trojan onto my system. The Trojan is detected by
my
Antivirus program and can be removed.

Question: Should a firewall not become effective BEFORE any connection to
the
internet is opened?? If this is true, are there any firewalls which will do
just that?

Thanks for any help

Why don't you have a NAT router between your internet service and your
PC?

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"