Re: Connection problems from inside LAN

Using the IP address, I get exactly the same error. Does this mean
that it's not a DNS issue? If not, any other ideas?

Which IP address do you use?

PLease give a bit more description of your network.

Does the server have an internal address, which is different from the
external? If yes and you try to use the external address from within the
local network, that may not work, depending on the router you use.

Cheers,
Jens

  • Re: DNS: high CPU, no access, UDP problems?
    ... The network topology we have is as follows: There is one main wireless ... that router Another ... I first stopped the DNS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Networking Questions
    ... The DNS address is sent as a secondary element, mostly because there's no point for nearly all internet connections without DNS. ... The PC asks for an address by sending a DHCP request out the route to the DSL device which is either a modem or a router. ... No need for DNS until host names get involved and those hosts are on a different network segment. ... DNS is mostly just a very glorified hosts table that includes addresses in all network address ranges. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: sbs2003 companyweb page dns error
    ... delivered DNS setting with that of the SBS server. ... So this problem child machine has multiple network interfaces? ... The system had a dsl router with dhcp ... All of the work stations except ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Something is Fishy About My Network
    ... I'm running Fedora 10 x86_64 and I really think something is odd about my ability to network and I think it's all pointing to DNS. ... If you are getting an IP address from your router, your router probably has NO WAY to update whatever DNS is looking at, and it certainly can't update your /etc/hosts file for you. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: SBS 2008 Server losing DNS and Router Settings since Windows U
    ... > only thing that does mess with the router is Windows. ... if the NIC is not connected to the network (which there> is ... > reason for it to be) then enabling it won't impact DNS or DHCP. ... > On reflection I think I may have triggered the changes to DNS DHCP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)