Re: Connection problems from inside LAN

On May 16, 4:27 pm, Dan <drac...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi. I've got a server on my home computer (Subversion in this case -
but what server/port it is doesn't matter for this problem). My home
network just consists of an ADSL router, my computer, and my laptop.

I can connect to the server remotely no problem. If I try and connect
to the server from within the network (from either the laptop or the
computer which is running the server software), then I get ...

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it."

I can connect to the server from my main machine okay if I replace the
ip address with "localhost".

I've tried checking my logs on my router - and it's not reporting
anything going in or out of the LAN.
I've tried disabling all firewalls on my computer.
Nothing makes a difference.

Any ideas what's happening?

Cheers for any info,
- Dan

sounds like a DNS issue to me...

RedForeman

  • Re: Connecting to two different domains
    ... "Marian Gutu" wrote: ... Plug your laptop on the network. ... I have Active Directory Set-up on my Windows 2003 home server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Fully parallel Scheme-based language w/ evaluator
    ... Windows Server 2003 and networks in simple - and irreverent - terms. ... If networking really is a big deal, ... Concepts and Terminology in Part I, and The Design and Deployment of Network ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Networking:
    ... Windows XP - Shell/User ... Wireless network with a cheap linksys router giving DHCP ... NO wins server involved. ... | hooking up the next box I am told the laptop will not print. ...