Re: OUTBOUND FILTERING AND BIT TORRENT bitlord

navti wrote:

wow. thanks. I dont have a stateful firewall. I have a SOHO firewall.
A Netgear DG834G to be precise,

What's that supposed to mean? Almost any SOHO firewall should do stateful filtering, and a Netgear DG834G clearly should.

It allows basic packet filtering rules only.

This just means that you can't refer to the TCP states in your ruleset. A bit limiting, but not relevant for your case.

So I have to open up outbound traffic to certain TCP ports.

Ehm... yes. I wonder why you even limited outbound connections.

inbound traffic is not an issue as BitLord will work quite happily
with outbound connections only,

Doubtful. But again, this is a case of RTFM.
.