Re: Free firewall

Malcolm wrote:
Hi Folks,

Looking for suggestions on a free firewall. I was using Zone Alarm and
installed the update to version 7. I did not like the toolbar and
email scanning feature. I uninstalled Zone Alarm version 7 and now I
can't reinstall the older version or the newer one now. I have run
through regedit to clean all references to Zone labs & zone alarm from
the registry and still can't reinstall either version. Now looking for
an alternative. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Later,
Malcolm

I used to use ZA until I got a Belkin wireless router, switch, firewall, dhcp server gadget and then ZA just didn't get any incoming nasties after that so I uninstalled it.

  • Attn: Joann & Norton/ZA/AOL users
    ... Zone Alarm -- I user their free firewall. ... program, and haven't noticed conflicts. ... I have to dig dig dig ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Free firewall
    ... I uninstalled Zone Alarm version 7 and now I ... can't reinstall the older version or the newer one now. ... It's not just the incoming nasties, but what you let leave your ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Zone Alarm screwed up my machine !! Any advice ?
    ... I have used Tiny pfw for a good while and it is pretty good. ... > I get an error saying the True Vector Internet Monitor Service hung on ... Zone Alarm then doesn't start. ... is there a free firewall that ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Suggestion, PLEASE!~
    ... > e-mail software. ... I know that Zone Alarm also ... > provides a free firewall for the downloading. ... and there is a provision for BCC in it. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.yarn)
  • Re: Suggestion, PLEASE!~
    ... > I've been using the Secure Address Book for 5 years, ... e-mail software. ... I know that Zone Alarm also provides a free firewall for the ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.yarn)