Re: Learning Iptables from scratch

Jay <see@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there another resource apart from Netfilter.org and Andreasson?
I have some knowledge of TCP/IP, but not much Linux, which Andreasson
assumes you have.
I can write rulesets which seem to work, but I'd like to understand
them a little more. Any pointers?

What's wrong with the tutorials on netfilter.org? Are you missing
something particular there?

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich

  • Learning Iptables from scratch
    ... Is there another resource apart from Netfilter.org and Andreasson? ... I have some knowledge of TCP/IP, but not much Linux, which Andreasson ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Serial Port Configuration
    ... Yes, both are TCP/IP. ... (One is AXIS2420 network camera and other is ... Ethernet is for configuring by dialing into the LINUX EMBEDDED ... pages to allow access to the SitePlayer and 2420. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Embedded linux benchmark
    ... Is there any special requirements _from_ the project that a heavy ... operating system such as Linux is needed (e.g. complex graphical ... Remote software upgrade via TCP/IP. ... Remote control and remote logging via TCP/IP. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • socket close latency
    ... I have written a c++ server running on RedHat linux 9. ... connections ... " On some Linux 2.2 versions, you may get the error Resource ... mysqld server over TCP/IP. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: SBC DSL Service
    ... found out that their DSL service wont work on Linux OS(they say ... What comes out of the DSL modem is TCP/IP on Ethernet. ... But the TCP/IP networking will work fine. ... Plug it into the Linux box, ...
    (Debian-User)