Re: Defending yourself against Nazi IT departments

The precondition you imposed is that you are *already* at work.
If you are *already* at work in a place with a "Nazi IT department",
then you are not going to be able to install remotely onto your
computer at home (at least not without it being detected).

Not sure I understand your problem. It works for me.

I have worked as a consultant for many years and I always had problems reading my own emails from behind large company’s firewalls. This solves the problem, though it requires that Java is installed on the computer I am using. I know others have experimented with putting Java on a USB-stick, but this has so far not been necessary for me.

  • Re: Introducing the Ulster American Society
    ... I understand that Netscape has issues with certain types of coding, such as Java, which may be the problem, but as I stated before. ... I had no problems reading or navigating the web pages, ...
    (soc.genealogy.ireland)
  • Re: Delphi, .NET and Linuxe
    ... Its not too sluggish on a fast machine, but try running a java app on a slow machine. ... Those pesky Virus scanners Windows has to have to keep it secure, ... Try turning off all you Software Windows based firewalls and virus scanners and retry and see what I mean ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: firewall in java
    ... > I am working on a firewall in java. ... i need help about the basic design ... java is generally not a suitable choice for writing firewalls. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: creating standalone java executable
    ... > behind firewalls. ... The Java -> native executable debate never ceases to amaze me. ... for Windows which supported AWT and Swing. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Firewall for Java?
    ... some Java Applications are even meant to run ... the rules of common firewalls are based on the java ... different instances of a java virtual machine or - the much better ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)