Re: NAT Router

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:28:23 +0000, Victek wrote:

Gerald,

Yes, I can see how it's possible for malware to be virtually undetectable.
In that case, what strategy do you recommend to protect against it?

You have to follow security normal when using a computer, on or off the
net, and you need to make sure that you have apps/os patches that are
designed to secure your system.

Once a machine is compromised, the only true to to be sure it's cleaned of
malware is to wipe it completely and reinstall from known clean media in a
clean environment.

--
Leythos
spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx (remove 999 for proper email address)

  • Re: NAT Router
    ... I can see how it's possible for malware to be virtually ... clean environment. ... and do it in a clean environment with known clean media. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: NAT Router
    ... "Leythos" wrote in message ... I can see how it's possible for malware to be virtually undetectable. ... what strategy do you recommend to protect against it? ... malware is to wipe it completely and reinstall from known clean media in a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Please recommend one freeware to prevent USB flash disk from virus
    ... >> removable drives including your mobile phone. ... It will help protect your drives from future ... Considering your frequent posts about how to detect and remove malware ... SpywareBlaster, SpyBot S&D, MBAM resident protection, and so forth, will ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • OT to ??cel... : Re: Clicking "C:" now asks for program
    ... I recommend downloading and installing ... Is one of your choices to open the folder with Windows ... Pursuing another suggestion I did run AdAware Full Scan. ... read the beginner's page on malware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP - Running Slow
    ... I strongly recommend your staying far away ... The most common cause of a slow computer these days is malware ... Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)