Help please! Sonicwall PRO 3060

I work for a rural school system. Recently we have had problems with
our internet connections coming and going. Yesterday I noticed an
Alert: SYN flood Attack error message. This alert is only present when
we are having problems. We are running our sonicwall in stealth mode
and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

  • Re: FreeBSD 7, bridge, PF and syn flood = very bad performance
    ... that I build hardly can handle 2-5MB/s syn flood. ... The problem is that a quad core bridge firewall running freebsd 7 ... lock instance at the cost of increased peak memory usage. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Sonicwall PRO 3060 SYN flood attacks
    ... error message on our sonicwall; Alert: ... in stealth mode and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: TCP RST handling in 6.0
    ... >>Being on the wrong end of a distributed tcp syn flood attack atm. ... is probably enough to convince me of its ... > The change we are discussing is not protecting you from SYN floods, ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Help please! Sonicwall PRO 3060
    ... Alert: SYN flood Attack error message. ... and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. ... If a flood attack is coming in the line is flooded regardless what protection you may have enabled on your firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: SYN Flood attack with sequential destination ports?
    ... SYN Flood attack with sequential destination ports? ...
    (Incidents)