Re: Win xp sp2 firewall

Mr. Arnold <"Mr. Arnold"@arnold.com> wrote:
You do know that there is more to a PFW or a personal packet filter
other than application control. Yeah know, it's most important job is to
stop unsolicited inbound traffic/packets from reaching the machine. It's
a machine level packet filter.

If this would be all what "Personal Firewalls" would implement, then I
would not argue against them. Unfortunately, all of them I saw are
implementing futile crap and counter-productive nonsense, too. This is
the reason, why I'm usually recommending not to use such software.

Yours,
VB.
--
"Terror eignet sich mehr als irgendeine andere militärische Strategie dazu,
die Bevölkerung zu manipulieren."