Re: Win xp sp2 firewall

Mr. Arnold <"Mr. Arnold"> wrote:
You do know that there is more to a PFW or a personal packet filter
other than application control. Yeah know, it's most important job is to
stop unsolicited inbound traffic/packets from reaching the machine. It's
a machine level packet filter.

If this would be all what "Personal Firewalls" would implement, then I
would not argue against them. Unfortunately, all of them I saw are
implementing futile crap and counter-productive nonsense, too. This is
the reason, why I'm usually recommending not to use such software.

"Terror eignet sich mehr als irgendeine andere militärische Strategie dazu,
die Bevölkerung zu manipulieren."
(Dr. Daniele Ganser, 2005)