Re: Suggestions on a Hardware .:Firewall-Router:.

-_- wrote:
Hardware version 1.1

If not too likely to kill the box entirely, please suggest some good firmwares and I may try them with your comment so compelling.

I use hyperwrt+thibor on my wrt54g. dd-wrt is also very good though a little more complicated. But I think development is more active for dd-wrt then thibor thus you may get faster responses if you find a bug in there. The dd-wrt web site http://www.dd-wrt.com is worth reading even if you don't install the dd-wrt firmware, in particular the wiki. Openwrt I think is the third active developed firmware but it is more to assemble you own set of functions on the router while the other two started from the standard firmware...

Gerald

  • Re: Router advice
    ... What do you mean by DDR firmware? ... I've had a Netgear WNR3500L for a couple of years now, first using DD-WRT, ... a Cisco router, but this has been perfectly fine. ... Only thing left for me to play with is getting a VPN server up and running ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Linksys or Netgear
    ... with 5 of them being the WRT54GL v1.1. ... I have 4 coffee shops running on various wireless routers (mostly ... The version of firmware that I'm using has a bug that ... The purpose of DD-WRT is to cram in as many features as ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Router advice
    ... What do you mean by DDR firmware? ... I've had a Netgear WNR3500L for a couple of years now, first using DD-WRT, ... a Cisco router, but this has been perfectly fine. ... as it has default QoS classes which work ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: My WRT54G blows its power adapter!
    ... >changed the default settings in the DD-WRT firmware. ... No power adapter failures at all. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Tracking internet traffic over the wireless
    ... You might look into running a replacement firmware on one of the many ... DD-WRT is the most versatile and the newer ... DD-WRT.com has a long list of compatible routers that can be flashed ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)