Re: ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access

<----------@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Timothy Daniels wrote:
Both of my browsers (IE and Opera) have a long lag time
on the 1st HTML access after startup. This does NOT
happen for POP3 or SMTP mail server access. The lags
are usually in the range of 1.5 minutes to 2.5 minutes, but
after one browser has made a successful connection,
subsequent tries with either browser go normally.
The OS is Windows XP Pro, and this has been going on
since I installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2007.
If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, the 1st HTML
access with either browser goes normally. ZoneAlarm
is doing something which causes the long delay on the
1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it.
Does anyone here know of a way?

*TimDaniels*

belay my previous answer -
this link seems to be significant :)

http://jeeezelouise.wordpress.com/2006/12/15/vsmonexe-chewing-up-the-cpu/

But the delay is on HTML access, not POP3 or SMTP -
those go through fine. And I prefer to use POP3 and SMTP
clients for email.

*TimDaniels*

  • Re: ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access
    ... since I installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2007. ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ... that the WinXP firewall doesn't have? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access
    ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ... The cause is vsmon - ZoneAlarm's main process. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access
    ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ... The cause is vsmon - ZoneAlarm's main process. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access
    ... subsequent tries with either browser go normally. ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)