ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access

Both of my browsers (IE and Opera) have a long lag time
on the 1st HTML access after startup. This does NOT
happen for POP3 or SMTP mail server access. The lags
are usually in the range of 1.5 minutes to 2.5 minutes, but
after one browser has made a successful connection,
subsequent tries with either browser go normally.
The OS is Windows XP Pro, and this has been going on
since I installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2007.
If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, the 1st HTML
access with either browser goes normally. ZoneAlarm
is doing something which causes the long delay on the
1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it.
Does anyone here know of a way?

*TimDaniels*

  • Re: ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access
    ... subsequent tries with either browser go normally. ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm - lag on 1st HTML access
    ... subsequent tries with either browser go normally. ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st HTML access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • ZoneAlarm: browser lag on 1st Web access
    ... Both of my browsers have a long lag time ... subsequent tries with either browser go normally. ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st Web access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • RE: Desktop running XP Home Edition taking 30 minutes to boot
    ... What do you get when you boot in safe mode? ... as well disable all your startups, ... It normally used to boot up in 2-3 minutes. ... The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from ...
  • Re: sticky form with dynamically generated form element?
    ... Jerry Stuckle ... I see the followings on both Firefox and IE: ... It seems the problem is due to the lag time in rendering of the ... browser for some reason. ...
    (comp.lang.php)