Cannot get email from NAS...firewall settings?

I have a NAS that allows for errors to be emailed and I decided to use
GMail. However, it doesn't seem to be sending the emails. I suspect
that my router's firewall is blocking the port. I would like to know
what is the most secure way to get the emails out. I guess I need to
open the port listed below ONLY for outgoing and ONLY for (an IP, a
MAC addr?) but how do I do this?

Here are the settings and where I found them:
smtp.gmail.com
port: 465 or 587
imachessnut@xxxxxxxxx
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287

THANKS

John

  • Re: [opensuse] Does your gmail account work?
    ... Today I have some 20 emails in my gmail account but if I want to ... and smtp.gmail.com port 465 ssl for sending via gmail. ... I use dual smtp servers too, separate ones for corporate and gmail. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Does your gmail account work?
    ... Today I have some 20 emails in my gmail account but if I want to download ... and smtp.gmail.com port 465 ssl for sending via gmail. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Height of paranoia
    ... PC shutdown by 7pm, disabled the port, or firewall it. ... emails of other, unless the direction approves it" (patch it with a more ... "Everything that can fail, will fail. ... I am the security guy. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Delayed mails on debian-user [Now mostly fixed]
    ... I got some emails asking me what teergrubing was after this post which I ... this list were caused by the high number of gmail subscribers on this ... delivering mail just sit there waiting for a successfull delivery ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: can send but cant recieve
    ... If you still get an error message after doing that, ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Kaspersky and have changed it to not scan my POP3 emails or emails sent or ... Port 995 is not to be used for sending. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)