Cannot get email from NAS...firewall settings?
- From: "Warren, John" <imachessnut@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 27 Feb 2007 06:57:44 -0800
I have a NAS that allows for errors to be emailed and I decided to use
GMail. However, it doesn't seem to be sending the emails. I suspect
that my router's firewall is blocking the port. I would like to know
what is the most secure way to get the emails out. I guess I need to
open the port listed below ONLY for outgoing and ONLY for (an IP, a
MAC addr?) but how do I do this?
Here are the settings and where I found them:
port: 465 or 587
- Prev by Date: Norton Internet Security blocking Internet functions
- Next by Date: Re: Netgear FVS114 with Netgear DG814 with Single IP Address
- Previous by thread: Norton Internet Security blocking Internet functions
- Next by thread: Re: Cannot get email from NAS...firewall settings?