16KB Parametric Stereo (ARRGHHH!!!)

The computer went nuts and posted the first message before I was
finsihed with it, but what I was trying to say is that we are now
testing a a new 16KB MP3 stereo feed that has good qualify for such a
low bitrate, that will give us the advtantage of lower outbound costs
(when users chose to listen through the relay on our site), and be
able to provide a high quality feed, at a low enough bitrate that will
not be noticed by many admins, becuase it uses very little bandwidth.
Basically, network admins will not know that someone is listening to a
high quality audio feed, while only receiving date at 16KB.

  • Re: 16KB Parametric Stereo (ARRGHHH!!!)
    ... low bitrate, that will give us the advtantage of lower outbound costs ... network admins will not know that someone is listening to a ... high quality audio feed, while only receiving date at 16KB. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Cridland may be getting his act together!!!!!
    ... It they are worried about rebuffering on congested networks, they could perhaps set it up so that the lower bit rate is selected by default, and then listeners could choose whether to try the higher rate. ... Also the rebuffering worry is almost entirely about people listening at work, ... Listening on computer speakers does not usually require very high quality. ... If they were to provide both low and high quality streams, they wouldn't really need to provide the high quality stream on all platforms. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Cridland may be getting his act together!!!!!
    ... It they are worried about rebuffering on congested networks, they could perhaps set it up so that the lower bit rate is selected by default, and then listeners could choose whether to try the higher rate. ... Also the rebuffering worry is almost entirely about people listening at work, ... Listening on computer speakers does not usually require very high quality. ... It would also be nice if they made it easier to access the high quality streams without having to use a computer. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Cridland may be getting his act together!!!!!
    ... It they are worried about rebuffering on congested networks, they could perhaps set it up so that the lower bit rate is selected by default, and then listeners could choose whether to try the higher rate. ... Also the rebuffering worry is almost entirely about people listening at work, ... Listening on computer speakers does not usually require very high quality. ... If they were to provide both low and high quality streams, they wouldn't really need to provide the high quality stream on all platforms. ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: The Rockin Chuckie Show
    ... We just added a new show to our online radio station that has SURGED ... He is a wacky and welcome addition to our programming ... office is listening to this guy. ... hours that network admins in Alaska and Hawaii, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)