Re: DSL Watchguard SOHO and VPN

Great - I will give this a try.

Thanks!

Leythos wrote:
In article <1169216932.368642.63460@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
frankgrimesjr@xxxxxxxxx says...
Anybody have any suggestions?
Can the ISP's router be put into a 'passive mode'? Is there a way to
setup MY SOHO so that the VPN tunnel will work running through the ISPs
router?

Get the ISP to set their device to BRIDGE MODE, that will give you a
public IP on their network - you often have to call for this.

Also, a Dynamic IP is going to cause you problems with a VPN.

--

spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx
remove 999 in order to email me

  • Re: Two internet connections
    ... I'm trying to make an Openserver 5.0.6 box talk to two ... > simply retransmit the data to the other router. ... Many ISPs simply don't support RIP or any protocols ecept BGP, ... You could put the SCO box behind a Linux box. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: RRAS problem
    ... If it is across a VPN tunnel, ... Then the RRAS router must forward traffic ... >> subnet's Internet router by default). ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: wireless regular loses connectivity
    ... outside the VPN tunnel. ... Check your router log for errors. ... I know I used a web interface to ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Does ISP "download usage" data include spurious packets?
    ... However, during some brief experiments which a Sonicwall TZ100 router, ... I was seeing quite a lot of incoming packets of random ... ISPs network and over the wires into your own router/firewall. ... you'll eventually get them cut-off if they have a capped account. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: DOS attack logged by Netgear router DG836G
    ... *** During these 10 hrs no PC was powered on, but the router is ... But basically you're screwed over for the duration of the attack. ... Most ISPs just don't give a shit. ... No - and they don't care either. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)