Is someone watching my computer?
- From: greyteabox@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 12 Jan 2007 21:59:27 -0800
I am quite new to firewalls, therefore I am hoping for some general
advice on what I can do to learn about all this.
I am using Windows XP. I have installed Norton Internet Security 2006
and Ad-Aware SE, but still wonder how others can infiltrate my
computer. I assume there are VNC type applications and keyboard
loggers that have ways of getting around both Norton and Ad-Aware.
Are there ways to detect the use of programs like VNC and key loggers
sending data out by looking at firewall logs? Is Norton a good tool
for doing this with? Other suggestions for analyzing my network
As an experiment I made a copy of winvnc and renamed it as
systemfile.exe. After launching it, Norton came up with the regular
message asking if it was ok to give this application to the Internet.
It certainly didn't say that this looked like WinVNC given a different
name... Couldn't one of these monitor programs be given an official
looking name and launched along with everything else?
Therefore...I have been wondering about reviewing network traffic...Any
- Prev by Date: Re: The Classical Hour
- Next by Date: Re: Is someone watching my computer?
- Previous by thread: Recommendatons for Hardware based anti-virus anyone?
- Next by thread: Re: Is someone watching my computer?