Re: Looking for a Firewall for a Small Business

In message <1168191168.016503.24790@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Bryan" <BTRichardson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've got a friend who owns a small business. He's got some employees
that like to surf the web a bit too much and wants to limit their
access to only a few sites. However, each employee needs to access
different sites, so the typical parental control feature doesn't work
so well. I've been trying to find him a firewall solution that will
allow him to specify rules specific to IP addresses (similar to ACLs in
a PIX I guess...), but all the router/VPN/firewall appliances I've
looked at (such as Linksys, D-Link, etc) seem to want to do URL/domain
limiting on a network-wide basis rather than based on IP. Short of me
creating a custom Linux firewall solution, does anyone know of a
product that would meet his needs? He doesn't need VPN, so finding
something without the VPN option would be great.

m0n0wall or pfSense would both do the trick.

--
No user-serviceable parts

  • Re: Looking for a Firewall for a Small Business
    ... that like to surf the web a bit too much and wants to limit their ... each employee needs to access ... I've been trying to find him a firewall solution that will ... something without the VPN option would be great. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Looking for a Firewall for a Small Business
    ... He's got some employees ... each employee needs to access ... I've been trying to find him a firewall solution that will ... something without the VPN option would be great. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Looking for a Firewall for a Small Business
    ... each employee needs to access ... I've been trying to find him a firewall solution that will ... these clients to an alias group. ... this unless you want alot of time consuming tasks to take up. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)