Re: outbound filtering

John Wilson wrote:
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:23:56 +0100, Sebastian Gottschalk
<seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John Wilson wrote:

Where in the sentence "I'm sure the O.P. and others on this forum also
appreciate your contributions." do you see "Internet forum"?
And what is context?

There's nothing about the context that limits the meaning of "forum"
to mean "Internet forum" or, as you seem to want to further limit
things, "web based forum".

We can continue this as long as you like but you should be aware that
your ineptitude is quite obvious to readers for whom English is their
first language.

It occurs to me that someone who pretends to be an English language
expert might also pretend to be an expert in other areas.

Hey, I'm missing Mr Nasty already - I'm un-filtering him now!

Jim Ford

  • Re: A choice
    ... Interesting choice of forum software... ... dental questions. ... We have an alternate site on an Internet forum for people to ask ... will remove any poster who is rude, abusive, vulgar, or posts unwanted ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Any progammers looking for a killer app to develop? How about a voice enabled forum?
    ... > I want someone to simply improve upon the Internet forum technology. ... even more joys of voice enabled forums] ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: More from Ed Lucas
    ... I'd do that on the appropriate forum in the appropriate way. ... the World who wants to read messages posted to this bulletin board. ... you haven't even learned how Usenet works: ... An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site. ...
    (soc.culture.baltics)
  • Re: Radioreference.com forums comments
    ... The RR forum is not immune from that which afflicts every internet forum ... around an Admin when said Admin is peddling B.S. and some poor noob is ... hope the door doesn't hit him on the ass too hard, har har". ...
    (rec.radio.scanner)
  • Re: create a DB on Linux
    ... I do find it ridiculous that someone can ask such a basic question in this forum. ... first language, so maybe cut 'em some slack. ... Eclipse, MySQL, etc. ... sad, so ...
    (comp.databases.informix)