Re: Sonicwall newbie question...

woody wrote:
Actually, I have one more question, if I might be allowed to pick your
brain once more. I added the nat'd address to the new public IP, and
created the rule to allow from the LAN to the NAT'd address.
°°°
i am assuming this is a typo and should be WAN
This
worked, and I was able to remote to the machine. Now, however, when I
try to access the server internally via a network share, myself and
anyone else that is trying to do so are not able to.

network share in your LAN has nothing to do with rdp access from outside and
Any ideas why this might be? I didn't think the new NAT and Access
Rule would affect local LAN traffic, but it appears to do just that.
no:
the nat and access rule from wan to lan only affect your access through the firewall (obviosly)

so, if your you are not using the DMZ interface and client and server are in the same segment, and you are using the correct internal adresses, you'r problem is not the sonicwall.

  • Re: Loss of Connectivity on Only One PC on a LAN
    ... When you ran the Network Setup Wizard, ... The original setup of the LAN was done entirely by the user of the other PC on that LAN in July. ... I use a LAN connection which consists of two PCs each connected to a Linksys BEFSR 41 Router. ...
  • Re: TCPIP - Ping tool
    ... Strangely enough the answer was under your nose all along, namely PING. ... If your "internal network" corresponds to a Local Area Network (LAN), ... assume the subnet address for your LAN is 192.168.10.0 and the subnet mask ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Firewall and DMZ topology
    ... attacker cannot spread his influence across the network. ... If the DMZ resides between the public Internet and the ... Should the DMZ be behind the LAN and not split off at the firewall, ... > The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Installing multiple SBS VPN clients
    ... please check the Local area network routing only. ... reachable from the remote access server. ... Check to ensure the SBS Server is using a static IP address on its LAN ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Mysterious problem: cant backtrack an unwise router installation
    ... RH 7.0 box as the network gateway and firewall. ... LAN is all on static IPs: 192.168.1.1-5 and the IP assigned to me by my ISP ... Desktop from my XP workstation to connect to my office network. ...
    (RedHat)