Re: Sonicwall newbie question...

Actually, I have one more question, if I might be allowed to pick your
brain once more. I added the nat'd address to the new public IP, and
created the rule to allow from the LAN to the NAT'd address. This
worked, and I was able to remote to the machine. Now, however, when I
try to access the server internally via a network share, myself and
anyone else that is trying to do so are not able to.

Any ideas why this might be? I didn't think the new NAT and Access
Rule would affect local LAN traffic, but it appears to do just that.

Any input is, as always, greatly appreciated.

mak wrote:
woody wrote:
Could this have something to do with my internal address not showing up
in my firewall ARP table? And why wouldnt it? I can access from
anywhere on the LAN.

can you ping the host from the sonicwall (settings-diagnostics)

  • Re: Workgroup File
    ... I just saw your question and thought I might pick your brain. ... set up a User-Level Security for a program I am working on but I cannot seem ... LAN but when I go to another computer to access it it states that I do not ... > and get an error message which says that Access cannot find the system.mdw ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Sonicwall newbie question...
    ... created the rule to allow from the LAN to the NAT'd address. ... network share in your LAN has nothing to do with rdp access from outside and ... Rule would affect local LAN traffic, but it appears to do just that. ... so, if your you are not using the DMZ interface and client and server are in the same segment, and you are using the correct internal adresses, you'r problem is not the sonicwall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)