Re: Secure server

In article <1166501293.855436.116750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
mk <mkef47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a network with firewall.
My internal workstations have access ton Internet.
I will like to add a sever on the internal network which should not
have an access to Internet.
Only internal computers should have access to this server.
Do I need to setup a second firewall?

Most firewalls are able to do the appropriate blocking (supposing
that the server does not "spoof" the address of a different machine.)

  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... The SBS DNS server, running on ... its IP it means that your problem is now DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW Disconnecting
    ... I have been connected from a remote site for about 3 ... DHCP server and even a wireless access ... the key codes to for Internet access. ... Client Workstations} ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Internal and external IP resolution
    ... Is there a way that I can configure Windows XP clients so that when they connect to our internal network over the VPN their DNS cache will clear and my internal DNS servers will move up to the top of the list of servers they use to resolve IP addresses? ... We have on the network our Exchange 2003 server MAILSERVER.OURDOMAIN.COM. ... So we don't get rejected by overly aggressive SPAM filters like crummy Comcast and Verizon who think they own the Internet we have to have our mail server setup so they can reverse lookup and see that the sending IP and DNS name match up so we have MAILSERVER.OURDOMAIN.COM setup in our ISPs DNS list as something that can be reverese looked up. ...
  • Re: EBS 2008 and e-mail issues
    ... the internal interface of the security server. ... If I forward to the Exchange server (yes I know I'm not ... rerunning the change security level wizard is not possible. ... customer here wants to exclude some users from internet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP Fails on Authorized Server
    ... recall ever doing such a click in 10 years of SBS. ... Then you focus on the internal network. ... I am 110% sure that it's not a print server, ... Is it connected to the same internet connection your SBS server is? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)