Re: Sonicwall newbie question...

Could this have something to do with my internal address not showing up
in my firewall ARP table? And why wouldnt it? I can access from
anywhere on the LAN.

mak wrote:
woody wrote:
not necessary - it's called "terminal service" and predefined

Yes, mine is predefined...

i would call it object ,(network-address objects-custom objects)
you need three:
2a) the internal host
2b) the external ip address of this host to be reached,
2c)also the admin host in the internet,
that is supposed to access your internal host

I don't have these options... under Network I have the following:

Settings
One-to-One NAT
Web Proxy
Intranet
Routing
ARP
DHCP Server

allright,
looks like you have standard OS:

if your WAN Interface is NAT enabled:
go to network- one-to one nat-add: private and public adress and range lenght 1
(you need a separate public IP from your providers pool)

go to firewall-access-rule-add:

action: allow
service:term serv
source: WAN ip_of_adminhost_in_the_internet (range begin and end is identical)
dest:LAN ip_of_internalhost_

that's it,
if it doesn't work, check your logs

  • Re: ipfw + nat + port_redirect - works, but not for the internal net
    ... on the external interface to internal host: ... >> I have FreeBSD 4.5 RELEASE as Firewall with two NICs: ... >> It works only for host from outside (Internet). ... >> What rules to ipfw or natd I need in order to permit ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FTP and Atlantic Broadband filter
    ... directly connected to the internet, ... to my mind is to ensure that you have set up port forwarding correctly. ... internal host (eg, some host also behind your NAT is attempting to ... NAT you have set up is getting in the way. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Sonicwall newbie question...
    ... I followed per your instructions... ... 2c)also the admin host in the internet, ... that is supposed to access your internal host ... if it doesn't work, check your logs ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Questions about joining pool.ntp.org
    ... An internal host running NTPd and syncing with 2 stratum 2 servers on ... All internal hosts syncing with the internal NTP server. ... When we are sure that things are working right, make our internal NTP ... server accessible to the internet, ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: WWV... Same Same...
    ... If you had a real radio.....you wouldnt need the internet to feel smart! ... 5-10 and 15 mhz for your listening pleasure! ... > Noted on their website: "Due to unusually high demand around the Daylight ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)