Re: Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF

On 13 Dec 2006 19:41:29 GMT, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
<usenet-2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David Millen <notdmillen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
DUmeter is showing bursts of inbound traffic at roughly one minute
intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab
of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. How can I troubleshoot this?

Run a sniffer (e.g. Wireshark [1]) to inspect the traffic.
Downloading it now.

Sunbelt aren't providing support for the product, although it is paid
for and registered.

Dump their product.
Well, yes, but when you've got used to an app which has seemed to
work, it's frustrating to ditch it for something unfamiliar which has
to be installed on a number of machines.

cu
59cobalt
Thank you for the sensible advice.
--
All the best
David Millen

  • Re: Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF
    ... intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab ... of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. ... How can I troubleshoot this? ... Run a sniffer to inspect the traffic. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF
    ... intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab ... of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. ... How can I troubleshoot this? ... Run a sniffer to inspect the traffic. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: cin.get hang with CGI and IIS
    ... sniffer such as wireshark to capture the request off the wire. ... Well, I don't have a network sniffer, and I'm testing locally. ... a file or a raw cmdline will leave an extra EOF of EOL character, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Have we got a port of Wireshark
    ... "RISC OS ethernet sniffer"), ... You may be able to adapt existing sniffers ... Wireshark on another machine for analysis, ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: Microsoft network monitor - broadcast messages
    ... That is always the first thing that happens when someone runs any sniffer ... (NetMonitor, Wireshark, whatever). ... No one ever dreams that there is so much ...