Re: Is Kaspersky's Internet Security Good?

"Wilf" <wilf.wilf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
Wilf wrote:

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
Wilf wrote:

But by starting off by debunking, you just switch people off and they
then gain nothing from you when there was so much they might have
learned from a more subtle response.
If people just want to hear what they'd like to hear, they shouldn't be
asking in first place. And, after all, Usenet is a medium for
discussion,
not a support medium.
You're right, but the essence of a good discussion is not to belittle
what the other party is saying, or asking.

Maybe that's why my postings are rather ironic: I seed the people doing
dumb stuff, but I don't treat them as dumb and take their words for
serious
- which creates that clear contrast between what they want and how things
are actually like.

Just that most people seem to fail realizing that it's not my fault that
reality bites them in their asses, and that I'm just providing a
clearification.

At any rate, someone needs to tell them what's actually going wrong. And
I'm telling it outright. Yes, being honest to people is a pitiful job.

You're right to try to be honest with people, no question about that. Of
course an honest message can be delivered in a number of ways, bluntly,
hurtfully, tactfully, empathetically, respectfully; you name it.

You forgot "obfuscated" -Sebastian's style

  • Re: Is Kasperskys Internet Security Good?
    ... then gain nothing from you when there was so much they might have learned from a more subtle response. ... not a support medium. ... dumb stuff, but I don't treat them as dumb and take their words for serious ... You're right to try to be honest with people, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: "Heroes" problem
    ... Fox doesn't even seem that stupid compared to, for instance, Alicia ... Oh she's dumb alright...she's recently famous for that fact. ... Yeah, she doesn't across as a rocket scientist, but she isn't pretending ... She seems to come across as honest, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv)
  • Re: pretty good day
    ... unpopular plan. ... O is too dumb to appreciate it. ... Oh, at least Omama is honest, very refreshing for a politician, ... I notice the USD is going up relative to the Euro, gold is falling, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: betfair says no chance for Feddy
    ... many of the other whisperettes tag along for their own reasons. ... Posting extraordinarily dumb things multiple times strikes me as an honest act. ... Groundie was honest and dumb and the rest who sided with him are surely dumb on this topic. ... We won't see eye to eye on this. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)