Re: Sonicwall newbie question...

What you have todo is following stepsin sonicwall
1). Create a setvice for RDP=3389
2). Create a local user ie internal ip address of server
3). Create a local user for pubklic ip address of machine what to
access local mahine.
4). Cretae a rule which allows public ip access to local ip on rdp=3389
5). Apply rule to external interface for filtering traffic.
6). Try doing RDP from public machine

CK

woody wrote:
I have a Sonicwall 2040 appliance... its configured with a WAN LAN and
DMZ (all done prior to my arrival with the company). The WAN is our
public IP addresses, such as E-Mail and Web Servers, LAN is all
internal addresses, and i'm not quite sure what the DMZ is.

What I'm wanting to do is enable traffic from my WAN (specifically 1 IP
address) to my LAN (again, specifically 1 IP address) for remote access
purposes. I have a service setup on my firewall for Terminal Services
(port 3389), and a rule setup to all traffic from WAN to LAN for that
service. When I access my local server from the LAN, RDP works fine.
When I try from my public server, it says the service is not running or
it cannot find it.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Or what configuration option I
am missing?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,

  • RE: Restrict WAN access
    ... I will post it on ISA groups. ... company (LAN) everyone needs to access the TS server and they do every day. ... From outside (WAN) I need to make sure only some users can access it. ...
  • Restrict WAN access
    ... In my company there are a Windows 2003 Terminal Server that users access to work every day. ... LAN & WAN access to others." ... Restrict WAN access ...
  • Re: WORM? ... server generating NBT-NS (port 137) traffic on WAN interface
    ... issue on the SBS2003 server itself (problem turned out to be IP Packet ... the LAN does have Trend Micro ... mentioned a WAN NIC, so I have to assume you are running 2 nics and SBS is ... packets that are leaving the SBS2003 WAN interface ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • problem with Routing & Remote Access
    ... Server has 2 NIC cards - one for LAN ... our MCSEs updated the NIC drivers on the server on Monday (both LAN and WAN ... connection into the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: smbclient timeout, file truncated / 9.1 Pro (was Re: libpopt.so.0 conflict...
    ... >and the OS/2 machines on the LAN. ... NETBEUI was invented to allow windows clients to use an OS/2 server. ... 9 buffer small read and write requests until the buffer is full ... Acknowledgment Timeout ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)