Re: X-no-archive, what is it good for? (was: CLI app - allow access?)

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4u7nukF177gmmU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vanguard wrote:

"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Vanguard wrote:

[X-no-archive header]

Google just carried on the tradition from Deja News that they
bought.

Not every tradition makes sense.

So why are YOU participating in that non-sensical tradition by using

Because it makes Google hurt themselves (which is fun), and it doesn't
disturb otherwise?

You just make yourself look foolish, like the dufus in a fight that is losing the fight, can barely stand, and mutters past his bleeding lips at the victor, "Oh yeah, you thinks that hurts me, huh, huh." Google will parse EVERY post that it receives to check for the header and will set an attribute for that post to make it eligible in their auto-expiration process. I think it is 6 days that a no-archive post will hang around. Your piddly attempt to hurt Google is like you spitting in the ocean to raise the sea level. You aren't hurting anyone but yourself in making yourself look foolish. I suppose slapping a paddle into the ocean could in some miniscule way affect the tides but no one cares and no one will notice and everyone will just think you are a nut that is splashing around in the ocean.

  • Re: Season Premieres
    ... What did it hurt for me to post it again? ... > What's Google have to do with it?!! ... It's a bit quicker than scanning thousands of headers ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Swear him in !
    ... complaints filed in June, July and August. ... I hope you included full headers that include his IP address ... I did send his two major postings, with headers, to google ... Can you pick out his French internet provider in the ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: troll is crossposting again..Re: More DEEP BREATHS...more BAD WORDS prob., DONT WORRY, NO SUICID
    ... when your reading in google click open the 'hide options' and it'll give ya ... the headers in compact form, and if you click "show original" it'll give ya ... > alt.hard.drugs think of somoene who posts peoples' home addresses. ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: what is wrong with google groups
    ... and the filters are removing about "30" spam keywords. ... OE is set up with headers in the right column, ... (currenly it's automatically removing about spam keywords). ... it for a dozen years before switching to Google. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)